Options X Close
View my
quote cart

Auto Air Conditioning Repair in Moreno Valley, CA - A/C Service

How Much Should AC Repair Cost?

Whether you are are in need of repairs for your engine, your tires, your brakes, or your air conditioning, the first question always asked is, "how much will it cost?" The truth is that, until you have your vehicle diagnosed, there is no way to tell exactly how much any repair will cost. The cost of repair will vary depending on the severity, as well as the make, model, and year of vehicle you own. With that said, there are some basic estimates that we can give you for auto AC repair. Let's take a look:

For minor AC repairs:

The most common cause of auto AC problems stems from loss of refrigerant, which is usually caused by a leak. According to auto repair shop surveys, over 80% of air conditioning problems are caused by leaks. Luckily, these are also one of the easiest AC fixes. Leaks can occur anywhere throughout the AC system, so they can sometimes be difficult to diagnose. With that said, they can usually be traced back to a faulty gasket or a worn hose. If a leak is the cause of your AC issues, you are probably looking at a bill between $250-$600 for parts and labor.

For major AC repairs:

There are many things that can go wrong with your AC system, and while leaks account for 80% of them, that leaves another 20% open for more major repairs. Two of the most common major repairs relate to failure of the compressor and system contamination. In regards to the compressor, it is not uncommon for the magnetic clutch to fail, or for other components to wear out. Such repairs are slightly more costly, ranging into the $500-$1000 mark.

If the system is contaminated, this means that it has been serviced using equipment that has been exposed to refrigerant other than the type being used in your vehicle. In such a case, your entire system will need to be flushed and recharged. Repairs like this will cost upwards of $300-$2000.

For diagnosis:

Before you can have your air conditioning unit repaired, you will need to have it diagnosed. There are many things that can lead to the need for auto AC repairs, some of which are more common than others. At Ramona Tire, our first concern will be leaks. If a leak is ruled out, we can then go on to check other components of the AC system for repair needs. By the end of our inspection we will be able to give you a better estimate as to what your total repair bill will be.

How will you know that you need to bring your AC system in for repair? The signs will be obvious. In many cases, your AC system won’t work at all. If it is working, it may be emitting strange noises or smells. Other signs that your system is in need of repair include warm air blowing through the fan, and water on your passenger compartment floor. Make a note of your symptoms and stop by Ramona Tire for diagnosis.

See more about Ramona Tire in Murrieta, CA.

Visit Ramona Tire & Automotive Service Centers at 12275 Heacock St Moreno Valley, CA 92557 or call (951) 924-9797.

Tires Brands in Beaumont, CA, Indio, CA, Hemet, CA

Contact Ramona Tire

<-------- This product is not currently licensed. Please license this product by clicking here. -------->


Send »