Car AC Repair & AC Diagnostic
Beat the spring rush — schedule your A/C check today.
Come to the experts at Ramona Tire & Service Centers for special savings! Our A/C Service Special includes:
Tighten belt and hose connections
- Complete evaluation and recharge available
Keep cool with regular A/C maintenance
Without regular maintenance, your vehicle’s air conditioner can lose about five percent of its original efficiency every year. Don’t wait until your A/C starts blowing warm air—make sure your A/C stays in top condition with service from our factory-trained A/C professionals.
Schedule your A/C service now.
Trust our ASE-certified technicians for award-winning service and complete car care. We’re open six days a week from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. for your convenience.
Proudly Serving the Following Locations:
- San Clemente
- Rancho Cucamonga
- Palm Desert
- Mission Viejo-La Paz
- Moreno Valley
- Ontario, CA
- Mission Viejo-Santa Margarita
- San Jacinto
We understand how imperative it is that your vehicle is in proper working order. Because of this, we are introducing a new program designed with your security in mind.
The Ramona Delivery Program is a no-cost concierge service to help you eliminate unnecessary trips outside your home. We will pick up your car from your location (within three miles of Ramona) and return it to you free of charge after services have been completed.
Your peace of mind is as important to us as it is to you. We promise to continue to do everything in our power to eliminate uncertainties and make your life easier. We hope that the Ramona Delivery Program demonstrates our commitment to you, ensuring that you can safely be on the road when you need to be.
Ramona is Inland Empire’s top choice for tire services and repairs including tire rotations and wheel balancing. Our ASE-certified technicians use state-of-the-art tire equipment to efficiently and safely repair or replace your tires at a reasonable price. From road-force balancers, computerized alignment machines and procedures developed by the Rubber Manufacturers Association, there is no better place to get your tires serviced. We can help you with the following services:
WOULD REFER FRIENDS AND FAMILY TO US
BRAD R Customer since 2020
Good group of guys there and was driven back to work after dropping it off
CHRISTINA J Customer since 2020
I asked to expedite oil change service in order to accommodate another appointment within the hour. They did everything to get me in and out quickly. Thoroughly inspected vehicle and found several additional recommended services from which we prioritized service and follow-up. I did not feel pressured and felt there was a strong customer care ethic in place. Clean and comfortable waiting room. I even think my car came back to me cleaner than when I left it. Very satisfied with service and would return and recommend to others.
Frequently Asked Questions
Anytime your auto air conditioning isn’t blowing cold air like it used to, it’s a sure sign that some part of your AC system needs to be checked. But even before you notice that the air isn’t as cold as you know it should be, there are other warning signs that you may need repairs, including:
- Odd sounds: There’s only one sound you should hear coming from your vehicle’s air conditioner, and that’s the whirr of the blower. If you hear clicks, fluttering sounds, or rattles, there may be something caught in the system, such as leaves or twigs. Unexpected noises may also be a sign of a condenser problem.
- Musty odors: You shouldn’t be able to detect any type of odor in the air your car AC blows. If you do, there may be mold or mildew growing in the system. A car air conditioning system that isn’t working properly may have abnormally high levels of condensation that provide the perfect cold and damp environment for mold and mildew to grow. If you or your passengers have severe allergies to these types of microorganisms, it’s especially important to promptly address this problem.
- Dampness in the cabin: In a car AC system that’s working properly, the water it pulls from the air is drained away through the evaporator system to the outside of the vehicle. When a drain or hose in the system is blocked, the water can back up into your vehicle’s interior compartment. You may even notice water on the floorboards.
Since today’s car air conditioning systems are more complex and have more elements that may fail, it’s important to have a professional mechanic check your system. At Ramona Tire & Service Center, we’ll perform a complete system inspection and provide a free estimate for repairs. Schedule an appointment at your nearest Ramona Tire & Service Center location.
The AC compressor is the heart of your car’s AC system—it moves the refrigerant that AC operation depends on through the system. There are a number of issues that can lead to the failure of the compressor in your vehicle’s air conditioning system, including:
- Lubrication loss: There are only a few ounces of lubricant needed to keep compressors working properly, so even a small loss can compromise normal operation. If there’s a leak or if the lubricant has become contaminated and broken down, the compressor will eventually stop working. A loss of lubrication can happen when refrigerant is leaking elsewherLeaks may occur in points where hoses and pipes connect, the compressor shaft seal, the evaporator, or the condenser.
- Seized clutch: A compressor clutch allows the compressor to rotate only when it needs to (rather than have it stay constantly engaged with the engine). When it doesn’t turn when the clutch engages, you may hear squealing sounds.
If your compressor is failing, it’s usually more economical to have it replaced rather than have parts in it repaired or replaced. The experts at Ramona Tire & Service Center will do a thorough inspection of your vehicle’s air conditioning system, including a comprehensive compressor check.
Freon is a refrigerant. Until recent years, air conditioners in vehicles, upright and chest freezers, and HVAC systems for homes and businesses used R-12 Freon, but it’s been phased out since it plays a role in the depletion of the ozone layer. Today, a different (and safer) formula is used in Freon for cars and other air conditioning systems.
Car AC coolant is compressed as it moves through the system of coils, changing from a gas to a liquid that absorbs the heat in the outside air.
When your refrigerant level gets too low, your air conditioning system won’t be able to cool as it should. The technicians at Ramona Tire & Service Center can check your refrigerant to determine if there are leaks, which may be able to be repaired, and recommend whether you may need an AC recharge. This will involve removing all of the refrigerant and refilling it to the proper level.
You may be able to tackle a few repairs yourself, but we do not recommend it. First, you may not accurately diagnose the problem and end up wasting both time and money (and still have a broken AC). Second, and more importantly, DIY AC repairs can be dangerous. Freon—even today’s formulas—are highly toxic. Freon should be disposed of properly in accordance with EPA rules and it should not be allowed to escape into the atmosphere.
In addition, the air conditioning systems in late model cars include all types of electronic components which most DIYers won’t have the tools or the skills to fix. Note that you may also put your vehicle’s warranty coverage at risk by attempting repairs yourself. Your warranty will, however, stay in effect if you have our factory-trained technicians take care of your AC repairs.
You can refer to your owner’s manual for information on when a filter should be replaced, or schedule an appointment at Ramona Tire & Service Center to have our technicians check your filter.
AC filter replacement is one of those things that may not quickly come to mind when you wonder why your air conditioner isn’t blowing cold air, but it’s important to the proper function of your entire AC system. A clogged AC filter can make your air conditioner work harder to cool and move air, which can burn up the AC motor. It can also lead to unfiltered air circulating through the system and through your passenger compartment.
It depends on the type of vehicle you have, how old it is, and the specific problem that needs to be corrected. At Ramona Tire & Service Center, we’ll be glad to give you a free estimate of the cost of repairs, and we also offer ways to save with coupons, the Ramona Tire credit card, and more. Contact the Ramona location that’s most convenient for you to book an appointment to have your vehicle’s air conditioning system inspected. You can also contact us online to request a free, no-obligation car repair quote.
Our complete air conditioning system inspection includes these services and more:
- A system performance test
- A condenser cleaning
- A check of your compressor
- Checks for leaks throughout the system
- A check and tightening of hose and belt connections
A recharge is also available as part of our car AC services. Contact the Ramona Tire & Service Center location near you for more details on our comprehensive air conditioning diagnostic and repair services.
We know how important it is for you to have your vehicle running in top condition and how important it is to save money. That’s why we always have a range of coupons that you can print out or show on your phone at your Ramona Tire & Service Center location. Check our coupons page often for savings on services such as an AC performance check.
We also offer the Ramona Tire credit card, which can be used to pay for unexpected repairs. It gives you a dedicated line of credit for your car, with no annual fee, low monthly payments, and special promotional financing.