Oil Change Service in Ontario, CA
Protect Your Engine with Regular Oil Changes
A regular oil change is one of the most important ways you can protect your engine from long-term damage and inefficiency. Fresh, clean oil helps your engine to run efficiently, clears out engine debris, and reduces friction. By maintaining your routine oil changes every 3,000 miles, your engine can operate efficiently for hundreds of thousands of miles.
The crew at Ramona Tire & Service Center in Ontario is here to help you maintain your regular oil changes. Our ASE-Certified technicians are equipped with the tools and skills to keep your engine running smoothly. Whether you need an oil change or other auto care services, our crew has you covered.
Protect the investment in your vehicles and let our technicians do a thorough inspection of the system and more. We will:
- Add up to five quarts of oil
- Install a new oil filter, if necessary
- Lubricate the vehicle’s chassis
- Check and top off other fluids
Why Engine Oil is So Important
Your engine oil is a crucial element to the proper function of your engine. The oil protects your engine from unnecessary strain, friction, and damage. Oil works in four primary ways:
- Removes dirt and debris: As the oil circulates through the engine, it picks up the burnt residue and dirt. This action keeps the engine clean and free of the junk that could collect in the engine and moving joints.
- Softens friction: Engine oil lubricates and coats the moving components in the engine. This action provides a layer of protection that reduces friction and prevents wear from everyday use. If an engine is not sufficiently lubricated, it may cause the components to knock against each other and damage the engine.
- Tempers intense heat: The oil serves as an outlet for the heat your engine produces. As the oil runs through the engine, it disperses the heat evenly. By spreading the heat out, it helps the engine to keep at a functional temperature. This prevents damage from overheating.
- Protects from rust and corrosion: An often overlooked benefit of an oil change is that it prevents your engine components from degrading. Without the lubrication of fresh oil, rust and corrosion can form within your engine. These hazardous components weaken the engine’s integrity, which could lead to significant damage.
Your engine oil protects your engine on multiple fronts. That’s why keeping up with a routine oil change schedule is so vital for every driver.
Regular Oil Changes Every 3,000 Miles Saves Your Vehicle’s Engine
Industry experts advise an oil change for most cars every 3,000 miles or every three months. There are other factors that affect this, such as your driving habits, the mileage on your car, and the area you live in.
Our ASE-certified oil change specialists will help you set up a schedule for regular oil changes that meet your needs. That service can be combined with your other maintenance appointments to save you time.
Oil changes protect your engine by:
- Clearing out dirt and debris
- Redistributing and absorbing excess heat buildup
- Protecting the engine from rust and corrosion
- Providing a layer of oil over all parts of the engine
Most cars and trucks today are being driven longer than those in the past. This affects the type of oil that is used in your vehicle. Vehicles with more than 75,000 miles can last when a high-mileage blend of oil is used.
You can be sure that your engine is being given the best protection possible with a Valvoline oil change at Ramona Tire & Service Centers in Ontario.
Why You Need an Oil Change Service
Like many components in your vehicle, the engine oil has a limited lifespan. As the oil collects dirt and engine gunk, it runs through the oil filter to remove it from the engine. Over time, the dirt and debris saturate the oil filter. Once dirty oil starts circulating through the engine, it will cause friction and lead to inefficient running.
In addition to the dirt and engine gunk, the oil will begin to break down over time. Once it begins to decay, the oil is no longer effective at lubricating the engine and needs to be replaced. If the old oil is left in the engine, it will place extra strain on the engine and lead to permanent damage.
Removing the old oil and replacing it with fresh, clean oil is a simple way to keep your engine running optimally. An oil change helps keep everything moving and operating as it should.
Signs your car may need an oil change
You can easily check the oil yourself in between regular maintenance appointments at Ramona Tire. These are some indicators that it’s time for an oil change and fresh oil filter:
- Flecks on the dipstick
- Darker than normal oil
- Low oil level on the dipstick
- Unusual or loud noises
- The “check engine” light is on
It’s easy to ignore the signs but don’t wait. Damage may be happening to your engine out of sight. Call Ramona Tire right away!
More than an Oil Change
At Ramona Tire & Service Centers in Ontario, CA, an oil change service is so much more than new oil. We make it a priority to treat our customers to the complete package. When you choose us for your oil change service, you can expect the following:
- A new oil filter
- Up to 5 quarts of oil (synthetic, blend, or conventional)
- Free tire rotation (just let us know if you want this service)
- A thorough inspection of multiple points on your vehicle
- Lubrication of the vehicle’s chassis
- Examine and top off other fluids
Our goal with every oil change is to keep your car running safely and well for as long as possible. Our team has the skills and the know-how to have your oil replaced and your engine up and running in no time. Ramona Tire & Service Centers in Ontario is here for you, no matter what auto care you need.
The Best Oil Change Service Deserves the Best Oil Change Coupons
We understand that car maintenance can seem like a financial burden at times. That’s why we prioritize keeping our prices as low as possible. On top of our low price, we have a full suite of oil change coupons and specials. With these incredible deals, you can get the service your car needs while saving some cash.
We generally have three different oil change coupons for vehicles which may be available. These change often so be sure to check back for discounts like:
- Synthetic oil change coupons: If you need full-synthetic oil for your engine, we have you covered at an affordable price.
- Standard oil change coupons: Get a great price on a necessary service. Our expert team can replace your conventional oil in no time.
- Save on a diesel oil change: If your car or truck requires diesel fuel, you may get a discount too. Our crew will replace your engine oil and keep your diesel engine running smoothly again.
Our free Concierge Service adds value
Ramona’s Tire & Service Centers are always looking for ways to increase the value of our services for our customers. Our FREE Concierge Service is an invaluable help during your busy day.
Schedule this service at the same time you book an appointment; we will come to your home or office (within three miles of our shop) and pick-up your vehicle for its service appointment. When your car or truck is finished, we will clean and sanitize it for your protection and then bring it back to you.Your day isn’t disrupted and your vehicle is ready to get back on the road!
Ontario Oil Change FAQs
Why is regular oil change service so important for any vehicle?
Most car owners are aware of the importance of regular oil changes and oil filter changes. Some experts go so far as to say that this one action is more important than any other. The question is why?
A car engine is an intricate system of metal components working together. The oil and its filter keep dirt and debris from reaching the working parts of the engine. Clean oil lubricates the system and all its parts and prevents metal-against-metal grinding. There is also a normal amount of heat that builds up in the engine and clean oil absorbs and redirects the excess heat. Dirty oil no longer has that ability, so the heat simply builds up in the engine. Overheating is the result.
Discuss a regular maintenance schedule for your vehicle’s oil changes with our Ontario, CA Ramona Tire & Service Centers service staff today!
Conventional oil or synthetic oil? Which is best?
Conventional oil is derived from refined crude oil. It’s greatest advantage for car owners is the lower cost. It is also available in a wide range of viscosity grades and quality levels.
Conventional oil flows more slowly than synthetic oils so it offers more protection to engines with 75,000 miles or more. But conventional oils wear and experience chemical degradation in harsh conditions like lower temperatures.
Synthetic oil is chemically engineered, using synthetic oil as a base and then adding chemicals like polyalphaolefin, castor waxes, and paraffinic oils. One result of this process is an oil with few impurities that also performs better in extreme weather.
Synthetic motor oil, through its additives, provides better engine protection against corrosion and rusting. This makes it ideal for high-performance engines as well as cars that are used primarily for short trips. Finally, synthetics also offer longer intervals between oil changes than conventional oils, often up to 15,000 miles.
Can I change the oil myself?
The easy answer is yes, you can. In reality, though, it may turn out to be more than you bargained for. It tends to be a messy, risky, and inconvenient job to do at home. Having the right tools at home is sometimes an issue. Access to the pan bolt and oil filter alone can prove to be more difficult than anticipated. Plus, a DIY mechanic may cross-thread the filter, use the wrong oil, or overlook a leak.Getting under the vehicle without the equipment used at your local auto shop is not only uncomfortable, it is also dangerous. Properly disposing of the old oil must be considered, too.
An oil change at your Ontario, CA Ramona Tire & Service Centers location is fast, thorough, and professional. Check out our oil change coupons for savings on this service!
Does the oil filter need to be changed every time the oil is changed?
It is good practice to change the oil filter every time the oil is changed. This allows the “team” of the oil and its filter to perform its best at all times.
Will regular oil changes improve my gas mileage?
Does clean oil mean cleaner emissions?