(EFFECTIVE JANUARY 1, 2020)
Ramona Tire respects your privacy. We do not require you to provide any Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) to use this site.
Consumer: A Consumer is a natural person who is a California resident, as defined in Section 17104 of Title 18 of the California Code of Regulations. Information about a person as a participant in a business-to-business relationship or transaction or as an employee or prospective employee is not information about a Consumer within the meaning of the CCPA.
Personally Identifiable Information: Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) means any information covered by the definition of “Personal Information” under the CCPA. Specifically, PII shall mean any information, except Publicly Available PII, that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household. It includes, but is not limited to:
- Identifiers, such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers
- Characteristics of protected classifications under California or federal law
- Commercial information, including records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies
- Biometric information
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including browsing history, search history, and information regarding a consumer’s interaction with a website, application or advertisement
- Geolocation data
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information
- Professional or employment-related information
- Education information, defined as information that is not publicly-available Personally Identifiable Information as defined in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act
- Inferences drawn from any of this information to create a profile about a consumer reflecting the consumer’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
Publicly Available PII: Publicly Available PII is PII that is lawfully made available from federal, state, or local government records.
Ramona Tire does not collect your PII when you are simply browsing our website. However, in order to use certain of the functions on our website, we may request that you voluntarily supply us with PII, including but not limited to your name, email address, phone number, vehicle type, and physical address. For example, we may request that you voluntarily provide PII to register as a user, make a purchase, arrange for services, provide feedback on products and services, participate in online surveys, or have Ramona Tire communicate with you. You may decline to provide your PII, but this may make you unable to use those features. Ramona Tire also may retain electronic communications you send to us, including, for example, customer service representatives, webmasters or installers.
We compile statistics about visits to our sites, including use of particular features on a site and what general locations those visits come from. These aggregated statistics are used to customize Ramona Tire websites, and may also be provided to others.
Ramona Tire sites may use “cookies” or “web beacons” in order to customize your experience. A “cookie” is an element of data that a website can send to your browser, which may be stored on your computer, device or system. A “web beacon,” also referred to as a “spotlight” or “pixel tag”, is used to recognize unique cookies and assist us in determining which advertisements bring users to a specific website or page. You can set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie. If you decline to accept the cookie, it will also disable the web beacon. The information collected does not contain your name, address, telephone number or email address. Ramona Tire from time to time permits third parties to apply cookies when you visit the site. You can opt out from receiving interest-based ads. If you opt out, we will still collect data about you on the Ramona Tire website, but we will not use that data to provide you with advertisements based on your interests. (This will not prevent you from seeing advertisements; the advertisements simply will not be delivered through these targeting methods.) Because different browsers use different methods to communicate such “Do Not Track” signals, we cannot interpret or respond to “Do Not Track” signals.
The information Ramona Tire collects may be stored on third party data storage systems. Ramona Tire requires those third parties to use security measures that protect the security of the information.
Ramona Tire and third parties acting on Ramona Tire’s behalf may use your voluntarily provided PII for functions such as:
- User registration
- Processing, recording, and tracking a purchase, payment, return, warranty or rebate
- Arranging for services
- Inviting your participation in online surveys
- Requesting feedback on products and services
- Otherwise communicating with you through various channels.
Promotions and offers you receive may be based on information you provide in response to surveys, information you provide in connection with product and service inquiries, transactions conducted through or facilitated by Ramona Tire websites, or other communications made to or through a Ramona Tire website. You may opt out of receiving email from Ramona Tire by pushing the unsubscribe or opt out link contained in any email you receive from us. You may opt out of other forms of communication from us by sending an email to email@example.com or calling us at 520-229-9380. Ramona Tire will use reasonable efforts to address all requests to remove names from any email or postal mail lists.
If you are a California Consumer, you have certain rights under the CCPA. These include:
- Right of Disclosure: Upon your verifiable written request, and no more than twice in a 12-month period, we will provide you with information regarding any PII we gathered about you over the past 12 months, the types of sources from which we obtain the information, the purposes for which the information is gathered, and the types of third parties with which we share the information.
- Right of Access: Upon your verifiable written request, and no more than twice in a 12- month period, we will grant you reasonable access to any PII that we hold about you, provided that you establish to our reasonable satisfaction that you are the person whose PII is requested. We assess every request from an individual on a case-by-case basis and may deny a request where permitted by applicable law. In the event we deny a request, we will notify you in writing of the reasons for the denial. We will provide you with your PII in the manner we maintain it in the ordinary course of our business in an understandable form, and, to the extent feasible, in a format that permits you to use the information on other systems. We may impose a reasonable charge (e.g., for photocopying or postage) to the extent permitted by applicable law.
- Right of Correction: We will take reasonable steps to permit you to correct or amend PII that you establish is inaccurate or incomplete.
- Right of Deletion: Upon your verifiable written request or when required, we will delete PII we have gathered about you, except to the extent applicable law permits or requires us to maintain that information.
- Do Not Share Information: Ramona Tire does not sell, rent, release, disclose, disseminate, make available, transfer, or otherwise communicate your PII to third parties for monetary or other valuable consideration. We may share PII gathered by cookies and similar tools with third parties for Ramona Tire’s marketing and other purposes, including analytics. Ramona Tire requires those third parties not to use information we provide for any purpose other than providing services to Ramona Tire. To request that your PII not be included in this data sharing, please access our web form at Ramonatire.com/ccpa.
In order to protect your PII and guard against fraudulent requests for access, we will require that you provide us with information that allows us to confirm your identity before granting you access or deleting your information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under California law. Unless permitted by the CCPA or other applicable laws, we will not:
- Deny you goods or services
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services
HOW DO I EXERCISE MY CALIFORNIA RIGHTS?
If you are a California Consumer and want to (i) obtain access to, (ii) correct, or (iii) direct us to delete, your PII, you may:
- Contact us at 520-229-9380
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Access a web form at ramonatire.com/ccpa
- If you provide us PII at a California Ramona Tire & Service Center, upon your request, we will provide you with a form to submit your CCPA rights request.
In order to protect your privacy, only you, or a person registered with the California Secretary of State whom you authorize to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your PII. You also may make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may make a verifiable request for access to your PII no more than twice within a 12-month period. Any verifiable request must:
- Provide sufficient information to allow us to reasonably verify that you are (i) the person whose PII we collected or (ii) an authorized representative of that person;
- Describe your request with sufficient detail to allow us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
Until we can verify your identity or that you are an authorized representative, we cannot respond to your request or provide you with PII.
We will only use the information you provide in a request for PII to verify your identity or authority to make the request, or to communicate with you about the request.
ONLINE TIRE REGISTRATION INFORMATION
We do not share any information provided by users through our online tire registration form with third parties, other than as provided by law, nor do we use it for marketing purposes.
Ramona Tire may disclose PII to third parties that (i) assist Ramona Tire in promoting and marketing its products and services; (ii) store and analyze the PII; (iii) conduct user and consumer ratings, reviews and surveys; (iv) communicate with you on our behalf; (v) process and fulfill transactions, including tire purchases and installations and/or other vehicle services; (vi) as necessary to provide promotional communications or services to website users and customers; and (vii) as required by law or in relation to a judicial or government action or investigation.
Third party service providers process payments, including debit and credit card payments. Ramona Tire does not process or store your credit or debit card information in connection with transactions occurring through Ramona Tire websites.
Ramona Tire does not sell or rent PII to other persons or entities.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Ramona Tire websites may contain links to non-Ramona Tire sites, and we make every effort to link only to sites that share our high standards and respect for privacy. However, Ramona Tire is not responsible for the content of or the privacy practices employed by non-Ramona Tire sites.
Ramona Tire does not knowingly collect any PII (such as name, address and telephone number) from children under 13 years of age through any Ramona Tire website. If the parent or guardian of a child under 13 believes that his or her child has provided Ramona Tire with PII, that parent or guardian should contact Ramona Tire if they want this information deleted from Ramona Tire’s systems. If Ramona Tire obtains knowledge that it has PII about a child under 13 in retrievable form in its files, Ramona Tire will delete that information from existing files. Anyone under 18 years of age should seek his or her parent’s or guardian’s permission prior to using or disclosing any PII on this site.